Tax Identification Number (TIN)

Getting a Tax Identification Number- Individuals

To apply for a Tax Identification Number (TIN), you need to fill in Form 3A - for Individuals and Form 3B for Sole Traders and Small Business Tax and attach one of the following identifications:

  • Birth certificate
  • Current Tongan passport or International Passport with Visa page copied
  • Current driver's license
  • Tonga National ID

We will send confirmation of your TIN within 3 to 5 working days of receiving the application form together with 2 copies of the Employee Declaration for you to complete. As an employee you complete page one and your employer completes page two and sends us the original.

Getting a Tax Identification Number – Non-Individuals

To apply for a TIN for non-Individuals such as Company, Partnership and others, you will need to complete    Form 4 - for non - Individuals and attach one of the following documentations:

  • Certificate of incorporation (for companies)
  • Certificate of Business Licenses
  • Deed of trust (for trusts) or deed of partnership (for partnerships)
  • Certificate of incorporation (for incorporated societies).

What if I lose my Tax Identification Number?

If you have lost or forgot your TIN, firstly check any correspondence you have from the Ministry of Revenue and Customs.  Your TIN should be on the top section of any correspondence.

 If you cannot locate any documentation, you can phone 23 444 or email:  and we will   advise you of your TIN and send out confirmation.

Changed your contact detail

It is important that we hold your correct details so we can provide you with the information you require.     Please inform us of any changes to your contact details by either visiting your nearest Tax office or emailing   us on